Whether you have a PC, Mac, or a mobile device and you interest is to surf the internet you must be aware that it is exposed to viruses. They are every computers enemy and you want to keep them as far away as possible. Protecting your computer or device is absolutely necessary. You do not want to computer or device to catch any of these or it can be a pricey fix.
How to Avoid Viruses:
1. Do not open any anonymous emails. Beware of those emails that address you by your name. If it is not from someone you know or trust, it is most likely a virus.
2. Avoid opening adult content links, they can be linked to a gateway of compromised systems.
3. Some You Tube links have the possibility of opening your system to virus attacks.
4. Burning any compromised data such as, CD's, DVD, flash drives, camera cards, can exposed your devices to viruses.
5. Installing illegal copyrighted material can lead to an opportunity to get a virus.
How to protect your device or computer:
Aside from avoiding all of the above I highly recommend that you install an antivirus protection software license. There are endless list of software available to you. Therefore, choosing the right one for you can be overwhelm. Geek at the Ready is here to safe you!!! I have narrowed and compiled a list of my recommendations to help protect your valuable computer or device.
Is your computer is newer (within the last two years) the following antivirus plans will provide an excellent basic surfing protection. Note that each software offers advance features that will also protect your personal information such as bank accounts, social security, emails, and birthdates.1. McAfee 2. Kaspersky 3. Norton 4. Eset NOD 32 5. AVG 6. MalwareBytes
If you are protecting an older computer or device you will need to
upgrade your memory. The reason being is that these protection plans will scan
every piece of information and may slow down your older computer. If that is not within your budget then the
following antivirus title will suffice 1. Panda Internet Security 2. Micro Trend Internet 3.
Microsoft security essentials 4.
NOTE: If internet provider is through Bright House or AT&T they will provide you with a fully license version of McAfee internet security products as part of your membership service.
I hope that this information helped you decide on the best protect your computer or devices. But you happen to catch an enemy, don’t forget that Geek At The Ready is here to help you!